As a Hatchwise creative, there may be times when you may wish to withdraw your entries from a contest that you have entered in. This might be for a few reasons, such as; you want to use the design somewhere else, you weren’t awarded the contest winner, or you don’t like the rating that your entry received.
Whatever the reason, the option to withdraw your contest submissions is available to you. However, please note that you can only withdraw an entry after the contest submission period is over. If the contest is still active you will be unable to withdraw it from the contest.
How to withdraw your contest submissions
- Please wait until the contest submission period is over.
- Check to make sure that you are logged into your account.
- Go to the contest that you have entered in.
- Select the “My Entries” option.
- Click on any of your entries.
- To the right of the design, you will see where it says “Withdraw my entry”. Click there to remove the design.
If you are having trouble finding the withdraw option
If you don’t see the option to withdraw your contest submission please check to make sure that you are logged into your account. If you are, please double check to make sure that the contest is still not active (the client may have chosen to extend their contest).
If the contest submission period has ended and you are logged into your account and still unable to withdraw your desired entries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Reasons why not to withdraw your contest submissions
While Hatchwise does offer the opportunity to withdraw your contest submissions it is not something that we recommend, and here’s why.
- The client may end up purchasing your design as an ”Additional Design” after awarding the contest winner.
- Your contest submissions reflect your work. Other clients can see past contests (if the contest does not have the Privacy Upgrade added) and are able to see your contest submissions.
- Another client may be interested in one of your designs. If someone is browsing past logo contests they make see one of your entries and wish to purchase it from the contest.
- They will be added to your portfolio. Did you enter an amazing design in a contest? It may be added to your portfolio, to reflect the awesome work that you can do.
- It shows that you are active on Hatchwise. Clients look to work with active creatives, and if they can see the recent designs that you have entered in a contest it helps to generate interested in your work and shows that you are participating in contests regularly.