Contest received 46 entries and the contest holder has awarded a winner.
- BACK TO CONTEST ENTRIES
- CREATIVE BRIEF
Company or website name
Cowboy Roofing & Construction
Slogan or Tagline
"There's the regular way and there's the Cowboy way"
Describe your company and organization and target audience
We are a residential roofing company. Not sure if it matters but we will specialize in windstorm and hail storm roof restoration. Although we can do construction, the term "Cowboy Roofing" should be the focus of the logo.
Not sure if I want a semantics-only logo or one with a cowboy-related graphic.
The design should have the following
Our URL is "cowboyroof.com." (Cowboyroofing.com was taken.) We will be "branding" roofs we do with a golden horseshoe-shaped C inside a circle. It will look much like the copyright symbol. The idea is that brand indicates the roof underneath is special. I'm not sure I want that incorporated in the logo but I'm just trying to provide as much info as possible.
This logo will be used for
- Online (Website, facebook etc.)
- Print (business cards, letterheads, brochures etc.)
- Signs (including shops, billboards etc.)
This design should not have this in the entries
I'm trying to avoid on-the-nose cowboy cliche' symbology. While it might be obvious to use am Old West font or a boot or a sheriff's star, I'd want to avoid that unless it just absolutely works.
Having said that:
(1) I saw a font called Spaghetti Western that may work for the 2 words, "Cowboy Roofing."
(2) There's another cursive font I saw in a company called Southern Bicycle Co. (southernbicycle.com)
(3) there's a logo for a Texas business called Cowboy Harley Davidson that features a cowboy hat on one of the two 'o's. I'd like to see a version done with a "Yella Hat" on an 'o' or somewhere else - like the mascot of Yella Wood wears.
Colors to use in the design
Many modern roof logos use red/black letters on a gray background. Those colors are eye-grabbing and look good on a truck wrap, but again, it's becoming a bit of a cliche'.
Briefly describe your contest
The logo we want is more about an attitude and an integrity in the way we do business than on-the-nose cowboy stuff.